What are some good cooking recipes for the holiday season?
The holiday season is a great time to get creative in the kitchen and make something extra special for your friends and family. Here are some easy and delicious recipes to make your holiday feast a festive event!
Main Course: Roast Turkey with Cranberry Glaze
This classic holiday dish is sure to please everyone. You’ll need a 12-pound turkey, 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Rub the turkey with butter and olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the turkey in a roasting pan, cover with foil and bake for 2-3 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reads 165 degrees F. For the cranberry glaze, you’ll need 1/2 cup cranberry jelly, 1/4 cup orange juice, and 1 teaspoon grated orange zest. In a small saucepan, combine the jelly, orange juice and zest and cook over medium heat until the jelly is melted and the mixture is smooth. Brush the glaze over the turkey before serving.
Side Dish: Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
This side dish is an easy and delicious way to add some flavor to your holiday feast. You’ll need 2 pounds of small potatoes, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Cut the potatoes into quarters and place in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper and toss to combine. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese. Serve warm.
Dessert: Apple Pie
This classic dessert is the perfect way to end your holiday feast. You’ll need 2 unbaked 9-inch pie crusts, 5 cups peeled and sliced apples, 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, and 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place one of the pie crusts in a 9-inch pie plate. In a large bowl, combine the apples, sugars, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves and mix until combined. Pour the mixture into the pie plate and top with the remaining pie crust. Cut several slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
5 Healthy Holiday Recipes to Keep You Feeling GoodThe holiday season is a great time for family, friends, and of course, delicious food. But it's also a time when many of us struggle to stay healthy and on track with our diets. That's why we've put together this list of 5 healthy holiday recipes that will help you to stay energized and feeling good throughout the season.
1. Baked Vegetable TartThis delicious tart is full of nutritious vegetables that are baked in a flaky pastry shell. It's a perfect meal for a holiday brunch or dinner, and it's surprisingly easy to make. All you need is a pre-made pastry shell, your favorite vegetables, and a few seasonings.
2. Butternut Squash SoupThis creamy, comforting soup is the perfect way to warm up on a cold winter evening. It's made with simple ingredients like butternut squash, onion, garlic, and vegetable broth. You can also add a dollop of plain Greek yogurt for a richer flavor.
3. Roasted Brussels SproutsBrussels sprouts are a great source of vitamins and minerals, and roasting them is a delicious way to prepare them. All you need to do is toss the sprouts with olive oil, garlic, and your favorite seasonings, then bake them in the oven until they're golden and crispy.
4. Quinoa SaladThis protein-packed salad is a great way to get your daily dose of nutrition. Cook up some quinoa and mix it with your favorite vegetables and a light vinaigrette dressing. You can also add some feta cheese for a burst of flavor.
5. Cranberry-Walnut BreadThis easy-to-make bread is perfect for holiday gatherings. It's made with whole wheat flour, cranberries, and walnuts, and it's sweetened with honey and a touch of cinnamon. Serve it warm with a dollop of butter or cream cheese for a truly delicious treat. We hope these 5 healthy holiday recipes will help you to stay on track with your diet and still enjoy the delicious flavors of the season. Try one out today!
The holiday season is a great time to have some fun in the kitchen with the kids! With so many delicious holiday recipes to choose from, we've rounded up some fun and creative recipes that the kids will love to help you make.
Let's start with a classic cookie recipe - Gingerbread Men Cookies. This is a fun recipe that involves rolling out dough, forming shapes and decorating with icing. This is a great activity to do with the kids as they will love measuring ingredients, rolling out dough and decorating their own cookies.
Next, why not try making a Candy Cane Christmas Cake? This sweet treat is full of festive flavors and makes for a great centerpiece at any holiday gathering. The kids can help mix the batter, shape the cake and decorate with peppermint pieces.
If you're looking for something a little more savory, why not try making Christmas Pizza? This is a fun activity that the kids can help with. Start with a pre-made pizza crust and layer on a tomato sauce base. Top with mozzarella cheese and Christmas-themed toppings such as sliced turkey, ham, olives, bell peppers and more.
Finally, for a tasty treat, try making Rudolph Cupcakes. Start with your favorite cupcake recipe, then decorate them with fondant antlers and red jellybeans for Rudolph's nose. The kids will love helping to make these delicious treats!
These are just a few ideas for fun and creative holiday recipes to make with the kids. We hope you have a great time in the kitchen this holiday season!
The holiday season is a busy time of year, and it can be hard to find the time to make a delicious meal. But with the right recipes, you can whip up a tasty holiday dish in no time! Here are a few quick and simple recipes that even busy home cooks can make during the holidays:
Roast Turkey with Herb-Butter Rub
This classic holiday dish is sure to please any crowd. Start by preheating the oven to 350°F. Next, place the turkey in a roasting pan and rub the entire bird with a mix of melted butter and your favorite herbs. Bake the turkey for 1.5 to 2 hours, or until the juices run clear. Serve with your favorite side dishes for a delicious holiday meal.
This colorful dish is easy to make and sure to impress. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Next, cut bell peppers in half and fill with a mixture of cooked rice, ground beef, diced tomatoes, and your favorite seasonings. Place the peppers in a baking dish and bake for 25 minutes or until the beef is cooked through. Serve with a side of garlic bread for a delicious holiday dinner.
This sweet and tangy relish is a delicious addition to any holiday meal. Start by combining 2 cups of cranberries, 1 orange (peeled and chopped), 1/2 cup of sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon in a food processor. Pulse until combined, then transfer to a bowl and stir in 1/2 cup of chopped pecans. Serve chilled with your favorite holiday dishes.
These quick and simple recipes are perfect for busy home cooks during the holiday season. With these recipes, you can whip up a delicious holiday meal in no time!