Puli Kuzhambu Recipe
Tamarind – small lemon size
Thick butter milk(slightly sour) – 150 ml or 1 glass
Ladies finger – cut into 1 inch pieces
Mustard – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – to garnish
Salt – to taste
Dry Red chillies – 6
Urad dhal – 2 tablespoon
Fenugreek – 1 tsp
Asafoetida – a pinch
Grated coconunt – 1/2 cup
coconut oil – 2 tsp
1. Take a tawa, heat 1 tsp coconut oil and fry the masala ingredients except coconut.
2. Allow it to cool and get them grinded along with coconut adding little water.
3. Extract thick juice from tamarind adding little water.
4. Take a thick bottomed vessel and add the tamarind juice and salt and allow it to boil.
5. Now add the ladies finger and allow it to cook.
6. When half cooked, add the paste and stir well.
7. After 5 mins, add the butter milk and boil for just 4-5 mins and turn off the stove.
8. Heat 1 tsp coconut oil and add mustard and curry leaves and season it over the prepared kuzhambu.
This is a traditional recipe that goes very well when served with parupu usili, chepan kizhangu fry and vazhaikai poriyal.