Rice - 2 cups
Toor Dhal - 1/2 cup
Small onions (madras onions) - 100 gms
Dry red chilli - 3-4
Sambar Powder - 2-3 tsp
Oil, mustard - 1/2 tsp each
Salt - as required
curry leaves - to garnish
Water - 5-6 cups
1. Take a pan, heat little oil and add mustard and the allow it to pop.
2. Now add the red chilli, madras onions and curry leaves and fry them for few mins.
3. Add the required amount of water that will be needed to cook the rice and the toor dhal.
4. Allow it to boil and then add the rice and dhal.
5. Finally add salt,sambar powder and turmeric and mix well.
6. Close the pan and leave it for 2 whistles.
7. Open the pan after steam subsides and mix well. If interested add a tsp of ghee and mix well before serving.
Tasty and easy rice khichdi ready. The taste adds when served with Spicy brinjal curry.