Pasi parupu or moong dhal or payatham paruppu – 1 cup
Tomato – 2
Onion – 2
Green Chilli – 2
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Tamarind – a small lemon size
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2tsp
Mustard – 1/2 tsp
1. Cook the moong dhal or pasi paruppu adding water and turmeric. Keep it aside.
2. Keep onion and tomatoes finely chopped.
3. Extract juice from tamarind adding water.
4. Slice the green chilli and keep it ready.
5. Now take a pan or bowl, heat oil, add mustard and allow it to splatter.
6. Now add the chopped onion, tomato and the sliced green chilli and fry for few mins.
7. Now add the tamarind juice and add the chilli powder, salt and mix well.
8. Allow it to boil and then add the cooked pasi paruppu or moong dhal.
9. Mix well and allow it to boil and finally garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
This pasi parupu sambar is the best side dish for dosa and idli. It can also be served with rice.