White pumpkin or poosanikai or Ash gourd – 100gm
Pumpkin – 100gm
Green chillies – 4
Red gram or toor dhal – 1 tablespoon (soaked in the water for about 6 hours)
Grated coconut – 1 cup
Salt – to taste
Coconut oil – 2 tsp
Curry leaves – to garnish
1. Peel off the skin from ash gourd and pumpkin and cut it into small pieces.
2. Cook the vegetables and red gram dal in water.
3. Add salt and sliced green chillies.
4. When the vegetable and dhal gets cooked, add 1cup of second concentrated coconut milk and boil.
5. When it thickens well, add the remaining thick coconut milk.
6. Bring to a boil and remove from fire.
7. Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil and the curry leaves and mix well.