Sri Ganesh Chaturthi: Kozhukattai Recipe
Kozhukattai or Moodak Recipe is the special dish for Ganesh Chaturthi
Rice flour – 2 cup
Water – 1 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
Coconut – 1 cup
Jaggery – 1/2 cup
oil – 2 tsp
1. Take little water in a tawa, heat it and add the powdered jagerry.
2. Once jaggery melts and add the coconut and mix well.
3. When it thickens add cardamom powder and turn off the stove.
Poornam or the sweet stuffing is ready.
4. Heat 1 1/2 cup water and add a pinch of salt and 2 tsp oil to it.
5. When water starts boiling, add the rice flour and mix well.
6. Allow the recently mixed rice flour to cool down a bit and start making small cups and fill the poornam inside and close the corners.
Note: You can either close it sidewise or in the top. Just check out both ways in the pics.
7. Steam cook the prepared kozhukattai for min 7-10 mins and kozhukattai is ready.