Toor Dhal cooked – 1/2 cup
Lemon – 1 big
Green chilli -1
Curry and coriander leaves – to garnish
Pepper and jeera – 1/2 tsp each
Ginger – a small piece
Salt -to taste
Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard – 1/2 tsp
1. Take pepper, jeera, green chilli, ginger and curry leaves and keep them grinded slightly.
2. Smash cooked toor dhal adding water and drain the water and take 3 glass of the juice.
3. Add salt and grinded paste to the toor dhal juice extracted.
4. Add a pinch of asafoetida powder and allow it in stove for few mins.
5. When it starts boiling, turn off the stove and add lemon juice.
6. Roast mustard in little oil and garnish along with coriander leaves over the prepared lemon rasam.
Tasty lemon rasam ready to be served. This rasam is rich in vitamin C. And since we add lemon at the end, Vitamin C is not degraded from this dish. This can be had as a soup if having cough or cold.