Yam or senai or elephant foot – ½ cup (Cut to small pieces)
Raw banana or plantain – 1
Pepper powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Water – 1 cup
Salt – to taste
Grated coconut – 1 cup
Jeera or Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
Ghee – 2 tsp
Coconut oil – 3 tsp
Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
1. Cut the raw banana to pieces without removing the skin.
2. Boil yam and banana adding pepper powder, turmeric powder and salt in 1 cup of water.
3. Add ½ cup grated coconut and jeera and grind it to fine paste.
4. Grind the remaining coconut and saute in a low flame till golden brown and keep it aside.
5. Season mustard seeds in ghee.
6. Add the coconut oil, seasoned mustard seeds and the sauted coconut to the vegetable mixture.
Mix well and serve. Our Eriserry with yam and raw banana is ready.