Egg Kurma Recipe
Eggs – 6
Onions – 2 medium
Milk – 1/4 cup
Cashewnuts – 2 tbsps.
Green Chillies – 5
Coconut (scraped) – 1 tbsp.
Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp.
Cloves – 3
Cinnamon – 1 inch
Green Cardamoms – 2
Ginger – 1 inch
Ghee – 3 tbsps.
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Salt – to taste
Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp
1. Peel and chop the onions. Peel and chop the ginger. Chop the cashew nuts. Wash and chop the green chillies. Clean, wash and chop the coriander leaves.
2. Grind together the green chillies, scraped coconut, coriander powder, cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and turmeric powder.
3. Break the eggs, separate the whites from the yolks into a bowl and beat the egg whites till stiff. Add the egg yolks and milk to the egg white mixture and salt to taste.
4. Beat the mixture again for ten minutes and place the egg mixture bowl into a large vessel containing a little water and boil till the egg is set.
5. Turn out the egg and cut into cubes.
6. Heat ghee in a sauce pan and fry the chopped cashew nuts till golden brown. Drain and keep aside.
7. In the same ghee add sliced onions and fry till the onions turn light brown. Add the ground masala and fry till the ghee floats to the top.
8. Add half a cup of water and bring to a boil. Then add the egg cubes and cook gently till the kurma thickens.
9. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or parathas.