Ripe tomatoes – 4 (remove seeds, peeled and chopped)
Olive Oil – 2 tablespoon
Onion chopped – 1
Garlic crushed – 1
Red pepper chopped – 1 small (optional)
Chicken or vegetable stock – 4 cups
Tomato paste – 4 tablespoon
1. Heat the oil in a heavy pan, cook the onion, garlic and red pepper till soft.
2. Add the tomatoes and cook for another 10 minutes.
3. Add the tomato paste, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cover and simmer the stove for 15 minutes.
5. Allow to cool slightly and grind them in a mixie until it is smooth.
6. Return to the pan and heat gradually.
7. Cook for 2 minutes and serve hot.