During Sri Ganesh Chaturthi, we also prepare this Kondai Kadalai or channa or garbanzo beans sundal and offer it to God.
Kondai Kadalai or Garbanzo beans or channa (white) – 1 cup
Coconut scrapings – 3 tsp
Mustard – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Red chilli – 2 – 3
Curry and coriander leaves – to garnish
Salt – as required
1. Wash and soak the channa or kondai kadalai in water overnight.
2. Steam cook it adding water and salt.
3. Now take a tawa, heat oil and add mustard and allow it to pop.
4. Now add the red chilli and curry and coriander leaves.
5. Add the cooked kondai kadalai or channa and mix well.
6. Finally add the coconut scrapings and turn off the stove.
Kondai kadalai sundal or Channa sundal is ready.