Chopped carrot – 2 cups
Green chilli – 1
Urad dhal – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Salt – to taste
Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard – 1 tsp
water – little
1. Take a tawa, add oil and add mustard seeds.
2. Allow the mustard to pop and add urad dhal and sliced chilli.
3. Add the chopped carrot and sprinkle little water.
4. Add turmeric and allow it to cook.
5. After it gets cooked add salt and mix well.
Spicy carrot poriyal is ready. If interested you can garnish with curry leaves or can add curry powder instead of chilli.
It is not recommended for diabetic patients.