Rice - 2 cup
Toor Dhal - 3 tsp
Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Salt - as required
Red Chilli - 4
Water - 4 cup
Grated coconut - 4 tsp
Oil, mustard, urad and channa dhal - 1 - 2 tsp each
Asafoetida - a pinch
Curry leaves - 1 tablespoon
1. Grind the rice, toor dhal, pepper, jeera into a rough powder.
( Rice should be broken to half and not to be made into a fine powder)
2. Take a tawa, add oil, mustard, urad and channa dhal along with red chillies and coconut.
3. After sorting, add water, asafoetida, salt, curry leaves and allow it to boil.
4. Now add the half borken rice materials and stir well and turn off the stove when the water is absorbed.
5. Allow it to cool for sometime and start making balls and steam cook it.
Kids will love to have these kind of rice balls as their lunch box dish or as an evening snack or breakfast.
Traditionally this is prepared without salt and had during the fasting days and served with jaggery.