Easy Vegetable Sambar Recipe
Carrot, beans, potato, peas – 3 cups
Coconut – 2 tablespoon
Channa Dhal – 1 tablespoon
Coriander seeds – 1 tablespoon
Dry Red Chilli – 5 nos.
Pepper – 5 -6 nos
Curry leaves - to garnish
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Coconut Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
1. Fry channa dhal, coriander seeds, pepper and little curry leaves in 1 tsp oil. Fry until golden brown.
2. Get it grinded along with coconut into a fine paste.
3. Chop all the vegetables, add turmeric powder and cook them adding water.
4. Once the vegetables are cooked add the grounded paste and add the required salt and allow it to boil for few mins in low flame.
5. Season it with mustard and curry leaves.
This sambar does not need tamarind or toor/moong dhal. This sambar will be an alternative if bored to cook the usual ones.
Tasty and simple sambar ready to be served with rice.