Gobi Manchurian Recipe
Cauliflower – 1 medium (clean and break into big florettes)
Spring onion -1 small bunch finely chopped
Ginger finely chopped – 2 tsp
Garlic finely chopped – 1 tsp
Basin/gram flour – 1/4 cup
Corn flour – 3 tablespoon
Red chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
Dry red chillies – 2
Oil – 3 tablespoon
Water – 1 1/2 cup
Milk – 1 tablespoon
1. Boil the florettes for 3-4 minutes in plenty of water, to which add tablespoon of milk.
2. Drain and pat dry on a clean cloth.
3. Make thin batter out of basin flour and 2 tbsp cornflour, adding 1/4 tsp each of ginger and garlic and red chilli powder and salt to taste.
4. Dip the florettes in the batter one by one and deep fry in hot oil. Keep aside.
5. In the remaining oil, add remaining ginger, garlic and crushed red chilli and fry for a minute.
6. Add the salt and spring onions.
7. Stir fry for a minute. Add 1 1/2 cups water and allow it to boil.
8. Add 1 tbsp cornflour to 1/4 cup water and dissolve well.
9. Gradually add to the gravy and stir continuously till it resumes boiling.
10. Boil till the gravy becomes transparent. Add the fried florettes and add soya sauce.
11. Boil for two minutes.
Serve hot with noodles or rice.