Channa dhal – 1 cup
Jaggery – 3/4 cup
Grated coconut – 2 tsp
cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
Maida – 1 cup
turmeric powder – a pinch
Salt – a pinch
water – little
Oil – as required
1. Add little salt, turmeric to maida and add sufficient oil, water and prepare soft dough. keep this prepared 1 hour before.
2. Cook the channa dhal and remove off the excess water.
3. Grind cooked channa dhal, jaggery, coconut and cardamom. Do not add water while grinding.
4. Add 1 tsp ghee to frying pan and add the ground paste and allow it to thicken.
5. Prepare medium sized balls with the grounded mixture after it cools down. Stuffing is ready.
6. Take a clean plastic sheet or plantain leaf and grease it with oil.
7. Make small balls with the maida dough and keep each one in the leaf and flatten it a bit and keep the stuffing.
8. Properly close the maida and flatten again using hand. (just like thin poories but little small in size)
9. Cook them in a tawa adding ghee and oil. Cook until they are cooked on both sides.(again like chappathi)
Dhal poli or paruppu poli is ready. Add ghee while serving.