Maida – 1 1/2 cup
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Ghee – 2 tsp
Baking Soda – a pinch
Cooked green peas – 1 cup
Mashed potato – 1 cup
Finely Chopped green chilli, ginger and coriander – as required
Garam Masala powder – 1 tsp
grated Cheese – 3/4 cup
Salt – to taste
Oil – for frying
1. Take a bowl, add maida, salt, ghee, soda and mix well.
2. Add little water and prepare the dough.(chapati dough consistency)
3. Allow it for 15 mins.
4. Take another bowl, add cooked peas, mashed potatoes, green chillies, ginger, coriander leaves, garam masala powder and salt and mix well.
5. Make small balls of the above mixture.
6. Stuff the grated cheese 1 tsp each in each ball.(just like kozhukattai)
7. Flatten the cheese stuffed balls and keep them ready.(like vada)
8. Make small balls of the maida dough and flatten.(small poories)
9. Take the flattened cheese balls and keep them inside the small poori prepared and take another poori to close it over the top.
10. Seal the corners of both the poories with little water so that the stuffing don’t come out.
11. Heat oil in a tawa and deep fry them and the Kachories are ready.