Coconut podi | Thaenga Podi Recipe
Channa Dhal – 1 cup
Red chilli – 3/4 cup
Dry coconut – 1/2 cup
Curry leaves – hand full
Salt – as required
Oil – to fry
1. Take a pan, add 2 tsp oil and fry channa dhal, chilli, dry coconut and curry leaves.
2. Allow them to turn golden brown.
3. Turn off the stove and allow them to cool and grind them with out adding water.
4. Do not grind to very fine powder.
5. Store it in a air tight container for maximum 2 weeks.
It can be added to all side dish or curries. This gives a nice flavour and aroma of coconut and fried channa.