Kathamba Kuzhambu|Sambar|Mixed veg sambar|Kuzhambu recipe
Sliced Potata,onion, carrot, beans,peas – 2 cups
Toor dhal – 1 cup boiled
Tamarind – small lemon size
salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Turmeric powder – a pinch
asafoetida – a pinch
Things to be grinded:
corriander seeds – 3 tsp
channa dhal – 2 tsp
Red chilli – 4-5
fenugreek – 1/2 tsp
Coconut scrapings – 3 tsp
Except coconut, fry all the items and keep them grounded along with coconut by adding water.
1. Cook all the vegetables separately by adding little water.
2. Extract the tamarind juice and add the ground paste, salt, asafoetida and turmeric.
3. Allow it to boil.
4. Now add all the cooked vegetables and boiled toor dhal.
5. Allow it to boil for sometime and garnish with curry leaves.
6. Take a tawa and add little oil and mustard. When mustard pops out, add it to the ready sambar.
Your browser does not support iframes.