Capsicum Masala Rice Recipe
Capsicum – 4-5 nos (Can take all colors also)
Rice – 1 cup
Water for cooking rice – 2 cups (as required)
Onion – 2 nos
Garlic – 5-6 cloves
Tomato – 2 medium sized
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Red Chili powder – 2 tsp
Coriander powder – 2 tsp
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
Mustard – 1 tsp
Oil – 3 tsp
Salt – to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan add mustard and allow it to splutter.
2. Add sliced onion, garlic and chopped tomato and fry until raw flavor fades.
3 . Now add the rice (soak in water for 10-15 mins) and fry in that oil mixed onions.
4. Add chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala, turmeric powder and salt and finally add water.
5. Pressure cook the rice and keep it aside. It will look like plain masala rice.
6. Now take a tawa, add little oil and add the sliced capsicum and add a pinch of salt.
7. Saute for few mins and add this to the cooked masala rice and mix well.
Serve hot with little ghee and corinader leaves.