Paneer – 2 cups (cut into cubes)
Spinach or palak leaves -10 cups (pasalai keerai)
Finely chopped onion – 3/4 cup
Ginger – a piece
Green chillies – 2 (finely chopped)
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Tomato puree – 3/4 cup
Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt – to taste
1. Cook the spinach in a big vessel of boiling water.
2. Drain, wash with cold water and grind it to a fine paste by adding water.
3. Cut the paneer into small pieces and deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.
4. Remove and drain on absorbent paper. Keep aside.
5. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions till they turn pinkish.
6. Add the garlic, ginger, green chillies and turmeric powder and fry again for a little time.
7. Add the tomato puree and keep stirring continuously till the mixture leaves oil.
8. Add the grinded spinach, paneer, garam masala, and salt. Add 1 cup of water and bring to boil.
Your browser does not support iframes.