Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
Paneer (cubes) – 1/2
Medium tomatoes – 2
Green chili – 1
Ginger – a small piece
Green peas (optional) – 1/2 cup
Yogurt, whipped – 1/2 cup
Oil – 2 table spoon
Asafoetida – a pinch
Cumin seeds (jeera) – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 table spoon
Turmeric – 1/2 tp
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Bay leaves – 2
Salt – to taste
Garam masala- 1/2 tsp
Corn flour – 1 tsp
Chopped fresh coriander – 2 table spoon
Sugar (optional)-1 tsp
1. Deep-fry the paneer on low-medium heat until the paneer turns little golden brown color and keep it aside.
2. Grind tomatoes, green chilly and ginger to make a puree.
3. Heat the oil in a tawa and add asafoetida and cumin seeds.
4. After the cumin seeds crack, add the tomato puree, coriander powder, turmeric, red chilli powder and bay leaves. Cook for about 4 minutes on medium heat.
5. Tomato mixture will start to leave the oil and will reduce to about half in quantity.
6. Add the whipped yogurt into the gravy. Stir occasionally for about 3 minutes on medium heat.
7. To thicken the gravy, mix the corn flour in 3 tablespoons of water and add to the gravy.
8. Add the green peas and fried paneer. Let it cook for a few minutes until the peas are tender.
9. Add the garam masala and coriander leaves. Add a little sugar if the gravy is sour.
Delicious Paneer Butter Masala is ready. It can be served with Naan or tandoori roti or even with white rice.
Your browser does not support iframes.