Vendaikai Kara Kuzhambu Recipe
Vendakkai or lady’s finger – 5-6
Tomato – 1
Onion – 2
Garlic – 4
Tamarind – medium lemon size
Green chilli – 1 sliced
Grated Coconut – 1 tablespoon
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Red Chilli powder – 2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida – a pinch
Mustard – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Curry leaves – to garnish
1. Extract the tamarind juice by adding water.
2. Grind coconut, tomato, garlic, 1 onion and curry leaves. Keep it aside.
3. Keep one onion finely chopped. Cut the lady’s finger to 1 inch pieces.
4. Take a pan, heat oil, add mustard, onion and green chilli and fry for few mins.
5. Add the lady’s finger and allow it for few mins.
6. Now add the tamarind juice and add turmeric, chilli powder, corainder powder, asafoetida and salt.
7. Allow it to boil. After 10 mins add the ground coconut masala and mix well.
8. When oil starts suspending on the top, turn off the stove and garnish with curry leaves.
Delicious and aromatic kara kuzhambu is ready.
Your browser does not support iframes.