Unpolished Rice – 2 cup
Coconut milk – 1 cup
Ginger – small piece
Green Chilli – 3
Murungai Keerai or drum stick leaves – 2 cup
Coconut oil – 2 tablespoon
Mustard – 1/2 tsp
Urad dhal – 1 tsp
Raw Ground nut or peanut – 1/2 cup
Asafoetida – a pinch
Grated Carrot – 1 cup
Salt – to taste
Water – 1/2 cup
1. Break the rice to rava consistency in the mixie.
2. Grind ginger (peel off skin) and green chilli to a fine paste.
3. Now take a thick bottom pan, heat coconut oil and add mustard, urad dhal and groundnut and saute.
4. Add asafoetida, ginger-chilli paste, cleaned drumstick leaves and saute.
5. Now add the grated carrot and allow it to cook for few seconds and add half cup water and coconut milk. Allow it to boil.
6. Add broken rice and mix well and add salt and allow it to cook for few mins.
7. When the mixture thickens turn off the stove and allow it to cool.
8. Now make small kozhukattai’s and steam cook it.
Our Murungai keerai Kozhukattai is ready.
Note: Unpolished rice is rich in fibre, protein and B-complex. Drumstick leaves are very good for anemic people. Hence you serve your family with a healthy balanced diet.
Your browser does not support iframes.