Vazhai poo or plantain flower – mediun size 1 or cleaned and chopped 2 cups
Toor dhal – 1 cup
Channa dhal – 1 cup
Red chilli – 2
Green chilli – 2
Onion – 2
Oil – for frying
Curry leaves – 4 tsp
Salt – to taste
1. Soak the toor and channa dhal in water for half an hour.
2. Grind it lightly along with red chilli, green chilli and curry leaves.
3. Now add chopped plantain flower, onion, salt and grind.
4. Do not make it to a fine paste. Also need not add water.
Note: If required sprinkle water.
5. Heat oil in a pan and take small portions of the prepared batter and flatten it and slowly drop it into the heating oil.
6. Allow it until golden brown.
This vazhai poo vadai will be very tasty even if served with rasam.
Your browser does not support iframes.