Ridge Gourd Subji Recipe
Ridge Gourd or Peerkangai or Beera Kaaya or dodka – 2
Onion – 2
Garlic – 4
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp (depending on taste)
Turmeric- a pinch
Salt – to taste
Water – as required
1. Take a pan, add oil, mustard and allow it to pop.
2. Add onion and garlic, cook till it becomes pink.
3. Now add chopped ridge gourd(peel off the skin),turmeric and sprinkle water and keep it closed fow few minutes.
4. Add chilli powder, coriander powder and salt .
5. Mix well and allow it for some time.
Spicy and delicious ridge gourd subji is ready. Goes well with chapatis.
Note: Do check the taste of the ridge gourd while cutting them. Some ridge gourd might taste bitter. In that case, please do not use them.
Your browser does not support iframes.