Condensed milk - 200gms or 1/2 tin
Maida flour - 280gms or 2 3/4 cup
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Baking soda (soda bicarb) - 1/2 tsp
Icing sugar or normal sugar powdered - 2 tsp
Butter melted - 1/2 cup or 60 gms
Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
Milk - 100 ml
1. Sieve flour, baking powder, baking soda, powdered sugar or icing sugar, all together 2 to 3 times and keep aside.
2. Pour condensed milk in a bowl. Add the butter, and beat well till smooth.
3. Add the flour spoon by spoon, mixing into the condensed milk mixture.
4. In between, add milk as required if the batter begins to get too stiff.
5. Stir the mixture in one direction only all the while. This will incorporate more air and make the cake lighter.
6. Once all the flour is used up, beat the batter as above till light (5-7 minutes).
7. Pour into a greased cake tin. Do not smooth with a spoon etc. If the consistency is right this will not be needed.
8. Bake in a hot oven for 10 mins at 200 degree C. Reduce to 150 degree C and leave it for next 10 minutes.
9. Poke with a skewer and check. Cool a little. Invert on wire rack. Cool completely before doing icing if any. Or serve warm with tea.