Mulai keerai or amarnath spined - 2 cups(cleaned and chopped)
Moong dhal - 1 1/2 cup
Scraped coconut - 3 tsp
Green chilli - 2
Jeera - 1 tsp
Turmeric power - a pinch
Salt - to taste
oil - 1 1/2 tsp
Mustard - 1 tsp
Urad dhal - 1 tsp
Water - as required
1. Cook the moong dhal in a pan adding little water. Now add cleaned and chopped keerai to it.
2. Add turmeric and allow it to cook.
3. Take a mixie jar, add coconut, chilli and jeera and make a fine paste by adding water.
4. When the keerai is cooked, add salt, the ground paste and mix well.
5. Allow it to boil for few mins.
6. Garnish with popped mustard and roasted urad dhal.
Nutritious and delicious keerai kootu ready to be served with rice or with chappathi.