Raw Rice - 4 cup
Urad dhal - 1 cup
Salt - to taste
Dalda or butter - 1 table spoon
Sesame or jeera - 1 tsp
Oil - to fry
1. Fry urad in a dry pan until they turn golden brown and grind them to fine powder along with rice.
2. Take this grinded flour and add salt, butter and jeera and mix well.
3. Add little water and mix well and make a dough(chappathi dough consistency)
4. Make require size balls to fit in the murukku aachu or murukku nazhi.
5. Put the murukku maavu inside and press with the other one and make the proper murukku in a plate and keep them reay to fry in oil.
6. Heat oil in a pan and add the ready murukku that is kept in the plate. Dee fry till golden brown and murukku is ready to eat.
Note: Murukku is kept prepared in plate as the water mixed murukku maavu should not be kept for long time. The colur will change to dark brown if kept and hence keet them ready and deep fry in oil.