Basmati Rice - 1 cup
Spinach or pasalai keerai - 1 bunch
Green chilli - 4
Chopped Onion -1
ginger - a small piece
Cinnamom - a piece
Garlic -3 pods
Ghee, roasted cashews - 1 tablespoon
jeera - 1 tsp
Saunf or sombu - 1 tsp
Salt, water - as required
1. Soak Basmati rice in water for few mins.
2. Wash the spinach and add ginger, garlic, jeera, green chilli and cook them.
3. Allow them to cool down and keep them grinded.
4. Take a pan, heat ghee and add cinnamom, saunf and fry them and add the chopped onions.
5. Fry them until onion turns pinkish.
6. Now add salt, rice, grinded paste and add sufficient water to cook rice.
7. Close the pan and simmer the flame. Allow it for 7 -10 mins.
Garnish with roasted cashews.