Orange rice | Orange rice recipe
Basmati rice - 1 cup
Carrot - 4
Orange juice - 1 cup
Salt - to taste
Oil/ghee - 4-5 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Onion sliced - 1 big
Saunf or sombu - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - 5-7
Cardamom - 1
Orange color/Saffron color - a pinch
fried cashewnuts, coriander leaves, small orange pieces for garnishing
1. Wash the basmati rice just once and drain for 10 mins.
2. Heat oil/ghee in pressure pan.
3. Fry the cashewnuts first and set aside.
4. Add cardamom followed by saunf or sombu and curry leaves.Fry for few seconds.
5. Now add the ginger garlic paste. Fry and after a min add the sliced onion.
6. When the onion turns pinkish and aroma comes, add carrot and fry for 4-5 mins.
7. Now add the rice and mix well till everything blends and the rice gets coated with oil/ghee.
8. Add the orange juice and 1 cup water.Keep gas in high and when it starts boiling add salt and close the pan/cooker.
9. Immediately put the weight, simmer gas and switch off the gas exactly after 12 mins.
10.Open the lid only after the steam has subsided.
Mix everything gently and garnish with roasted cashews, corriander leaves and serve.