Plantain flower curry | Vazhai poo poriyal recipe
Plantain flower chopped – 2 cups
cooked toor dhal – 1 cup
Grated coconut – 2 tsp
Green chilli – 1
Salt – to taste
Turmeric – a pinch
Oil, mustard & urad dhal – 1 tsp each
1. Clean and finely chop the plantain flower or vazhai poo.
2. Take a tawa, add oil and mustard. Allow mustard to pop and then add chilli and urad dhal.
3. Now add the chopped plantain flower and add turmeric powder.
4. Sprinkle water and allow it to cook.
5. When half cooked, add the cooked toor dhal, salt and mix well.
6. Finally add grated coconut and turn off the stove.
Garnish with curry leaves and serve.
Your browser does not support iframes.