Ellu sadam | Sesame seed rice recipe
Ellu – 1/2 cup
Mustard – 1 tsp
Urad dhal – 2 tsp
Red chilli – 6
Ghee – 1 table spoon
Cooked rice – 4 cups
Salt – to taste
Curry leaves to garnish
1. Take the sesame seed, wash it in water and remove the minute stones.
2. Take a pan, add ghee and sesame seeds and fry it till it pops out.
3. Allow it to cool and grind it to fine powder.
4. Now roast the mustard and urad dhal till it becomes golden brown.
5. Also roast the chillies and grind the mustard, urad dhal and chillies.
6. Take the cooked rice, add the sesame powder, chilli power and salt and mix well.
7. Garnish with roasted mustard and curry leaves and serve.
Do not reheat the ellu sadam.