Tender corn – 5
Onion – 1
Tomato – 1
cocunut milk – 1/4 cup (grind coconut in mixie adding little water.
Extract the juice)
Tamarind – 1 lemon size
Sambar powder – 1 tsp
Chilli powder-1/2 tsp
asafoetida – a pinch
mustard -1/2 tsp
salt – to taste
oil – 2 tsp
1. Keep the corn, onion and tomato chopped.
2. Take a tawa, add oil, mustard seeds and curry leaves to it.
3. Now add the chopped corn, onion and tomato and mix well.
4. Add sambar powder, chilli powder, asafoetida and salt and allow it to get cooked for few mins.
5. Extract the tamarind juice and add it to the cooking vegetables.
6. Allow it to boil and finally when it starts to thicken add the coconut milk and allow it to boil for 2 mins.
7. Delicious spicy karakuzhambu is ready to be served with rice.