Raw Rice – 1 cup
Moong dhal – 1/2 cup
Jaggery – 2 cup
Water -3 cup
Cashew – to garnish
Ghee – 3 tsp
1. Slightly roast the moong dhal in a dry pan.
2. Mix the rice and moong dhal and cook it by adding 3 cups of water.
3. Now liquify the jaggery by adding water.( keep in low flame and keep stirring until you get a homogenous liquid)
4. Add the liquid jaggery (when hot) on to the cooked rice and stirwell.
5. Keep it on the stove for few mins(medium flame)
6. Take a tawa, add ghee and cashews.
7. When cashews turn golden brown, add it to the pongal.
Your browser does not support iframes.