Par boiled rice – 3 cups
Urad dhal – ½ cup
Salt – to taste
Preparation of batter
1. Soak the par boiled rice in water for 4-5 hrs.
2. Soak the urad dhal for a maximum of 1 hr.
3. First grind the urad dhal into a fine paste by adding little water.
4. Next grind the rice finely and mix it with the urad paste obtained.
5. Now add salt and mix well.
Allow it to get fermented at the room temparature.
- Grease the idly plate with little oil and spread the fermented batter.
- Steam cook it.
- After 10 mins, hot idly ready.
- The best sidedish for this is chutney, sambar and idly molaga podi.