channa dhal – 1 cup
corriander seeds – 1 1/2 cup
Red chilli – 1 cup
asafoetida – 1 tsp
fenugreek – 1 tsp
Black pepper – 1 tsp
curry leaves – 1/2 cup
1. Take a tawa and roast each one of the ingredients separately.
2. Allow the roasted ingredients to dry in a plate.
3. Add little oil and fry the red chillies separetely.
4. If you take asafoetida powder you need not fry it. It can be added while making the sambar powder.
5. After few mins, when it comes to room temperature, add all the things together to the mixie jar along with asafoetida and make it into a fine powder.
6. Sweet smelling sambar podi is ready. You can use this podi when you want to make instant sambar in few mins.
Note: This powder can be stored in an air tight container.