Jeera – 1 cup
Black pepper – 1 cup
Red chilli – 1 ½ cup
Corriander seeds- 2cup
Curry leaves – 1 cup
Toor dhal -1/2 cup
Asafeotida – 1 tsp
1. Take a tawa and roast each one of the ingredients separately.
2. Allow the roasted ingredients to dry in a plate.
3. Add little oil and fry the red chillies separetely.
4. If you take asafoetida powder you need not fry it. It can be added while making the rasam powder.
5. After few mins, when it comes to room temperature, add all the things together to the mixie jar along with asafoetida and make it into a fine powder.
6. Your home made rasam powder is ready. Add few tsps of this powder while making rasam.