Tomato thokku | Thakkali thokku | Thokku recipe
Tomato – 5
mustard – 1/2 tsp
red chilli powder – 2-3 tsp
Oil – 3 tsp
salt – to taste
turmeric powder – a pinch
1. Cut the tomatoes into big pieces and grind them.
2. Heat the tawa and add oil and mustard seeds.
3. Add the grinded tomato to the tawa and stir it in low flame.
4. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt to it.
5. Cook it till the raw flavour fades and oil suspends over the thickening paste.
6. Serves as a good sidedish with idli, dosai, adai, etc.. and one can even mix it with rice and enjoy the lovely taste..