Tamarind- the size of one big lemon.
Gingely oil- 5 tbsp.
urud dhal(ulutham paruppu)- 1 tsp.
channa dhal(kadala paruppu)- 1 tsp.
curry leaves- few.
groundnut- as desired.
salt- to taste.
fenugreek- 1/2 tsp.
corriander seeds-1/2 tsp.
red chillies- 3-5.
1.Roast fenugreek, corriander seeds and red chillies in 1tsp of oil and grind it in a mixer to get a powder.
2. Add the remaining oil in the tawa and splatter mustard in it.
3. Add the dhal varieties, curry leaves, salt, groundnuts and roast it till the dhal turns to golden
4. Remove the seeds of the tamarind and extract the juice from it by adding some water and add it to the tawa.
5. Boil it till the raw flavour of the tamarind fades and till it becomes thick like a paste.
8. Now add the prepared(fenugreek, corriander and chilly) powder to the paste.
9. Add one cup of boiled rice to the above mixture and garnish it with corriander leaves and serve hot.